If you’re a homeowner looking to sell your house in today’s market, there are certain things you can do to give yourself an advantage. One piece of advice that seems to work for many homeowners is to understand that “today’s marketplace is cash driven, quick and highly competitive. Owners who understand their local markets and work with a knowledgeable agent” are those most likely to get the sale, according to real estate expert Wendy Forsythe.
So what can eager home sellers do to improve their chances of a quick sale?
- Curb Appeal – If your home looks good from the outside, buyers will assume it looks good on the inside, too.
- De-clutter – Getting rid of any clutter makes a home appear open and the rooms larger.
- Ensure Everything Works – Make sure all your home’s systems work, including plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical, and so on. A home that can pass an inspection will sell quicker.
- List & Negotiate the Right Way – Work with an experienced real estate agent to guide marketing in terms of location, condition, price, and financing.
- Look for Pre-Qualified Buyers – Save yourself the frustration, time and money by making sure anyone who makes an offer is already pre-qualified for a loan, or has cash in hand.
- Don’t Ignore Distressed Properties – Consider any distressed properties in your neighborhood when selling; don’t ignore them. While they may be listed for a lower price than yours, they won’t appeal to all buyers, especially those who want something that is move-in ready.
Read the full article here.